So I'm leaving for Nashville for orientation for work on Monday. I'll be there for one week. This will be the first time I have been away from Lou Ellen for more than one night. Jacob insists that he can take care of her and his dad is coming to help but, you know, no one can do it like I can. I'm excited about the new job and about getting away for a week (no cooking or cleaning or waking up to a crying baby) but I'm worried about how it will effect Lou Ellen also. She is settling in to a new daycare and she'll be there mostly during the days. I know she's going to be fine but I can't help but worry. Also, after Nashville I'll be back in ATL for a week and then I go to Memphis for 5 weeks! I get to come home on the weekends at my own expense (well the government will pay what they would have paid for me to stay towards my trip home). But that should be the end of travel for this job. After that my office is only about 2 miles from our apartment. The next 2 months will be challenging but I know we'll make it work!
I'd be anxious too--even though you know good and well she'll be fine. I'll be thinking about you. Do you have a webcam and Skype? You can find webcams for $20 and Skype is free. That might help her if she sees you. You can always give the second webcam to family after the 5 weeks are up, so y'all can show her off in between visits.
ReplyDeleteI'll be getting a laptop for work but I'm willing to bet they won't let me load anything personal onto it. We only have one computer at home so I think we'll have to go for talking on the phone but we'll see. Good idea!
ReplyDelete