Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm so sorry...

that it's been so long since I posted! I've been training in Memphis for 5 weeks. I am not allowed to do ANYTHING personal on my government issued laptop so.... no blogging. I'm finally back in Atlanta for 2 months anyway until we have another 3 weeks of training. So since I've been "home" I've realized this is not home. I miss home (that is Alabama). I miss my family, friends, church, job, and social life. Since I've been away we haven't had much of a chance to find a church home and with no babysitter we don't get to do anything. So yep I'm feeling a little homesick these days. I'm sure it will pass.

3 comments:

  1. Here's my suggestion, since I've been there--Maybe you can hunt churches whenever you're not training, and that will give you friends + babysitters. Atlanta is home to a lot of people who are away from home, and y'all can have a child-swap (trade off keeping each others kids).

    Until then, find a Cold Stone or Marble Slab, sit near the door to keep LE from running out, and let her roam all over and scream or whatever while you two chat and feed each other ice cream--the workers can deal with it :) Srsly, been there/done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get involved with the community. You will do fine. You are so friendly.

    ReplyDelete